This post may contain affiliate links. Cooking with Ginger is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you asked me my favorite food, I would most definitely say chocolate. 🍫And if you know me, then you know I really don’t have many “favorites” or at least struggle on choosing favorite things.🤷♀️ However, chocolate will always be my favorite food to consume. I believe the more chocolate the better! The more chocolate there is in chocolate chip cookies, the more there is to love.
That’s why I love these extra rich double chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream come true! 😍 Crisp on the outside, soft in the center and chocolatey all over.
Find the full recipe on the bottom of the page! Click the link right below to get there fast!
Here is what you will need.
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt
- Dark Chocolate Chips
Gather the ingredients!
Beat the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well.
Next, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well, but do not over mix
Finally fold in the chocolate chips.
Chill the dough.
I like to use a small scoop and place two scoops together, one on top of the other. A tall mound of dough will bake into a wonderful round large cookie.
For smaller bite-size cookies, I use just one small scoop!
Sprinkle with kosher salt before baking to add a touch of saltiness to the sweet!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup Butter softened
- ½ cup Shortening
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well, but do not over mix
- Finally add the chocolate chips.
- Wrap the bowl in plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to chill the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not over-bake cookies. They will still look soft in the middle but no longer shiny. The edges of the cookies should lift from the baking tray when the cookies are ready.
- Let cookies cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk!
If you made this recipe please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a message in the comments below and don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends if you enjoyed it! Save the image below to your pinterest boards!