Peanut butter blossoms are one of my favorite cookies to make during Christmas time. 🎄🎅🤶❄ But don’t just limit these PB cookies to the holidays, they’re a perfect treat year-round! 🥰
These cookies are so easy to whip up quickly, and they make the perfect holiday gift for any peanut butter/chocolate lover. 🥜🍫😍
Tools Needed to Make Peanut Butter Blossoms
A list of kitchen tools and gadgets you’ll need to create this recipe:
♥ Baking Sheets
♥ Parchment Paper
♥ Mixing Bowl
♥ Kitchen Mixer
♥ Wire Cooling Rack
♥ Cookie Scoop
Recipe and Instructions
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Use an electric mixer to cream together the shortening and peanut butter until smooth.
A few small lumps are okay and won’t hurt. (see image below😉)
Beat in your brown sugar and white sugar!
Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the rest of the ingredients and mix until just combined.
I like to use a small cookie scoop to help me portion out the right size cookie. However, a cookie scoop is completely optional. I use a small cookie scoop that holds about 1 1/2 Tbs of cookie dough. Then, I roll the cookie dough into a ball and dip in sugar.
Place each cookie dough ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If you do not have parchment paper, you can bake the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
While the cookies are in the oven, unwrap the chocolate kisses. You will want to be ready to place them in the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.
Place each chocolate kiss in the center of each cookie. The cookies will crack. Bake for an additional 2-5 more minutes.
This recipe usually makes 2 dozen peanut butter blossom cookies for me when using the small cookie scoop to portion.
Want more from Cooking with Ginger?
Click HERE to subscribe to our e-mail list to get new recipes delivered right to your inbox. By subscribing to the email list you also get a FREE copy of my eCookbook, Healthy Recipe Swaps: 30 Comfort Food Recipes Made Healthier.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 24 Chocolate Kiss Candies
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixer, cream the shortening and peanut butter until mostly smooth. (A few little lumps won't hurt.)
- Add both sugars and mix well. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat for 1 minute or until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry mix to the rest of the cookie dough. Mix until just combined.
- Scoop the dough into small balls. I use my small cookie scoop, which is about 1½ Tablespoons. Roll the balls into sugar and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes. While the cookies are baking, remove the foil from the chocolate kisses. Remove the cookies from the oven and add the kisses, pressing firmly in the middle. The cookies will crack. Bake for 2-5 more minutes. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know how it turned out for you! Snap a picture and share it on Instagram with the tag #cookwithginger. Don’t forget to leave a message in the comments below and share this recipe with your friends if you enjoyed it!
New to Cooking with Ginger? Read more about me by clicking here.
Hannah’s Favorite Cookie Recipes
Save the image below to your Pinterest boards!